Thursday, September 29, 2016

Book Review: Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn

Forget Tomorrow (Forget Tomorrow #1)
By Pintip Dunn
Release Date: November 3, 2015
Source: Booktube Tours
It’s Callie’s seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she’s eagerly awaiting her vision―a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they’re meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.

Or in Callie’s case, a criminal.

In her vision, she sees herself murdering her gifted younger sister. Before she can process what it means, Callie is arrested and placed in Limbo―a prison for those destined to break the law. With the help of her childhood crush, Logan, a boy she hasn’t spoken to in five years, she escapes the hellish prison.

But on the run from her future, as well as the government, Callie sets in motion a chain of events that she hopes will change her fate. If not, she must figure out how to protect her sister from the biggest threat of all.

Callie herself.




To be honest, the very first thing that caught my attention about this book was the cover. SERIOUSLY. How gorgeous is it? But then I heard someone on Youtube talking about the synopsis and it sounded so intriguing that I knew I had to read it. 

When Callie turns 17, she will finally receive the memory that will tell her what she is destined to become, just like everyone else in society. Callie hopes she will be a chef or something else she will love. The last thing she expects is to be sent a memory of herself killing her younger sister, who she adores. As a future criminal, Callie is taken into custody and feels herself losing hope of a nice future until her childhood crush shows up to save her. Callie finds herself learning things about her world she had never thought could happen and realizes she may be in more danger than she had originally thought…

I love a good dystopian, but it's hard to be original after the dystopian craze of Hunger Games and Divergent. Thankfully, Forget Tomorrow was such a unique story that kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved the idea of receiving a memory from your future so that you know what you are supposed to be focusing on for your future. Obviously this system had flaws, though, and the government was hiding some huge secrets that they didn't want to get out. I loved following Callie on her journey in this story as she was discovering things about her society that went against everything she had ever believed in. More secrets were revealed even at the end of this book, which made me want to get my hands on book two that much more. 

As a romance junkie, I was really looking forward to the romance in this book. While I thought Callie and Logan's relationship was cute, I expected a little more development there and a little more of a realistic personality from Logan. Logan seemed just too perfect, even though he felt guilty about what he had done in the past with his brother. Even then, he was guilty for something that wasn't really a flaw and I wish he had at least one thing wrong with him to make him more relatable. 

While this wasn't the most developed dystopian society, I still enjoyed the originality of the story and how strong our main character was. Callie was a fantastic protagonist and I admired how she handled the secrecy and deception she encountered throughout the story. I am definitely excited for book two and can't wait to see where our characters head next!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...