Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Book Review: Addicted by Elle Kennedy

Addicted (Outlaws #2)
By Elle Kennedy
Release Date: June 28, 2016
Source: Publisher
Lennox used to live in a paradise on earth with his best friend Jamie, in a place where visitors came and went, allowing their desires to run free. But everything changes when a deadly attack forces them to take up with Connor Mackenzie’s band of Outlaws. Lennox knows Jamie is hung up on someone else, but he’s always believed he’s the man for her—and won’t let her go without a fight.
 
Even though Jamie is well aware that Lennox is one hot specimen of a man, she refuses to let sex ruin the most important relationship in her life. But when the object of her interest spurns her, she indulges in a little pleasure-filled revenge with her very magnetic, very willing best friend. One thrilling night with Lennox is enough to awaken Jamie’s unexpected desires for him. And now that she’s had a taste, she’s not sure she can ever give him up




If you know anything about me, then you know that Elle Kennedy is by far one of my favorite authors. I loved Claimed when I read it earlier this year and I was blown away by Elle's ability to write pretty much any genre. In this post-apocalyptic series, Elle seriously turns up the heat and I knew that I had to get my hands on book two as soon as I could!

After a deadly attack forces best friends Jamie and Lennox to move into a compound with the strong and dark Conner Mackenzie and his band of bandits, things have changed. As best friends for over twenty years, Lennox is extremely protective over Jamie, but he starts to find himself feeling protective of her not only from danger, but also from any man who dares touch her. Jamie has always felt a little something more for Lennox, but he's never invited her into his personal play time. When Jamie and Lennox go to a camp to strengthen the outlaws to stand up against the enforcers, they find themselves pushing their limits not only in terms of war, but in their personal, undeniable attraction for one another. 

Since Jamie and Lennox are best friends, the beginning of this book took a little while for me to get into. They weren't that aware of each other physically yet and it was more of a plot building beginning than anything else. Once we got through what was going on in society and why Conner had to send some of his people to Reese's camp to train them to become stronger, things got juicy between Jamie and Lennox. I loved how they started to become jealous of other people who would get with them and how hard they tried to shove those feelings aside to save their friendship. Their denial became so funny when they would taunt each other and see how much they could push the other one. 

Along with the incredibly hot chemistry between our main characters, there was a lot of action and suspense that I love from my Elle Kennedy books. It was fun how they made the training a competition and Jamie and Lennox were on separate teams trying to beat one another in each skills/strength competition. I loved seeing more characters in this book grow close to our main characters and how attached I felt to them. Things turned crazy at the end of this book and, as I suspected, I am already dying for book number three to see what will happen in this crazy society of outlaws trying to stick it to the man. 

Elle Kennedy delivers yet another addicting, sexy addition to her Outlaws series. I found everything I love in a romance along with some awesome action and heart pumping moments. If you haven't started this series yet, you must! It's too good to miss out on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...