Thursday, January 7, 2016

Book Review: Scoring Wilder by RS Grey

Scoring Wilder
by RS Grey
Release Date: June 15, 2014
What started out as a joke— seduce Coach Wilder—soon became a goal she had to score. 

With Olympic tryouts on the horizon, the last thing nineteen-year-old Kinsley Bryant needs to add to her plate is Liam Wilder. He's a professional soccer player, America's favorite bad-boy, and has all the qualities of a skilled panty-dropper.

• A face that makes girls weep – check. 
• Abs that can shred Parmesan cheese (the expensive kind) – check. 
• Enough confidence to shift the earth’s gravitational pull – double check.

Not to mention Liam is strictly off limits . Forbidden. Her coaches have made that perfectly clear. (i.e. “Score with Coach Wilder anywhere other than the field and you’ll be cut from the team faster than you can count his tattoos.”) But that just makes him all the more enticing…Besides, Kinsley's already counted the visible ones, and she is not one to leave a project unfinished.

Kinsley tries to play the game her way as they navigate through forbidden territory, but Liam is determined to teach her a whole new definition for the term “team bonding.” 

How have I lived without this book in my life? I've had a copy of Scoring Wilder since August and it took until one of the last days in December for me to read it. And let me tell you, as soon as Liam Wilder walked into my life, I was a goner. 

Olympic hopefully Kinsley Bryant is determined to prove herself as one of the rookies on her college soccer team. Little does she know, the gorgeous and utterly irresistible professional soccer star Liam Wilder is going to be one of the girls' coaches for the season. The last thing Kinsley needs is a distraction from her Olympic dreams, but the more she runs into Liam both on and off the field, the harder she finds it to stay away from him. The coaches made it perfectly clear that any fraternization with a specific staff member is off limits. Kinsley tries to keep her mind of the game, but with Liam's enticing tattooed body and incredible skill on and off the field, Kinsley finds herself focusing more and more on Liam and less and less on her game…

I have found a new love in 2015: New Adult Sports Romances. Liam is Delicious with a capital D and I could not put this book down even if I tried. I loved how he was a professional soccer player and was supposed to be helping Kinsley on her game. Their chemistry was undeniable and I loved the stolen moments they had both at practice and whenever they would bump into each other at social events. I wish that we had gotten even more of Liam playing soccer, but the amount of sports that we did get was great. I love a forbidden romance, so Liam and Kinsley's relationship was driving me crazy. I so wanted them to just get together already, but I was terrified they would be caught and either one or both of their careers would be ruined. Ughhhh the drama!

Yes, the chemistry was through the roof, but what I also loved about this book was the Kinsley's hilarious inner-dialogue and her relationship with her teammate Becca. First off, Kinsley is so freaking hilarious and I actually found myself laughing out loud. She has such funny one-liners and I loved the light-hearted touch to the seriousness of the dilemma she was facing with Liam. While she was dealing with her feelings for her forbidden soccer coach, her friendship with Becca was just amazing. I loved how close they were and how they acted like two normal college girls, watching movies together and gossiping about their own lives. I love it when an author portrays friendship as such an important aspect in their characters' lives because then it really does reflect real life. 

Oh, and have I made it clear that Liam is mine? Because he is! He was so perfect, athletic, sweet, irresistible, and just plain hot. What's not to like? RS Grey has definitely become one of my favorite authors with her quick-whitted characters and utterly sexy characters. I definitely can't wait to find out what else she has up her sleeve!



3 comments:

  1. This sounds like such an adorable book!! I want to read it now! I love NA that has a lot of humor especially from the protagonist! Lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may post on the professional credentials for the blog owner. You could express it's outstanding. Your blog experience can springboard your click through.
    Prediksibet.com
    www.prediksibet.com
    Prediksi Bet
    Prediksibet.com
    www.prediksibet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
    Ikeda-naika.net
    Takara-sagashi.com
    Jackmcvicker.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...