Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (126)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Second Star
By Alyssa B Sheinmel
Release Date: May 13, 2014
Summary: A twisty story about love, loss, and lies, this contemporary oceanside adventure is tinged with a touch of dark magic as it follows seventeen-year-old Wendy Darling on a search for her missing surfer brothers. Wendy’s journey leads her to a mysterious hidden cove inhabited by a tribe of young renegade surfers, most of them runaways like her brothers. Wendy is instantly drawn to the cove’s charismatic leader, Pete, but her search also points her toward Pete's nemesis, the drug-dealing Jas. Enigmatic, dangerous, and handsome, Jas pulls Wendy in even as she's falling hard for Pete. A radical reinvention of a classic, Second Star is an irresistible summer romance about two young men who have yet to grow up--and the troubled beauty trapped between them.

-------------------------------------

Another retelling! Yay! And this one is about Peter Pan. I don't think I've ever read a retelling of Peter Pan, and a surfer Peter? I'm so excited to see how that turns out. Let's also not forget how amazing that cover is. I can't wait for this one to come out! Why is May so far away??

14 comments:

  1. Sounds great. I hope you'll enjoy it. Indeed, May is so far away :(
    My WoW

    Baileys @ Unladylike Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. adding this to TBR thanks for sharing!
    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one last week and thought it sounded cute :) Thanks for posting!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh. Surfer Peter Pan? This has the potential to be very interesting. :)

    Heather & Dani's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The summary had me at love and loss! This sounds truly amazing and I hope you enjoy it once you get it and that I can get to read it too sometime. Thanks for sharing, and awesome pick!

    Here's what I'm waiting on this Wednesday! Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already adding this book to my TBR list. I love Peter Pan and I haven't read any retelling stories about him. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW:)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World<br /

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so rare to find a good contemporary teen retelling of anything, but one of my favorite fairy tales? Okay, I guess you could say I'm "hook"-ed. *buh dum tsss*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one before, but it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-fire-flood-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YESSSS to this one! I can't wait! (And have seen a lot of bloggers posting their ARCs of this this week! Which makes me want it more!) Great pick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely adding this to my TBR list! Thanks so much for sharing ;)

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pick! Not my kind of read but I still hope you absolutely LOVE it!

    Here;s my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found out about this book last week with the Lit Lush twitter chat since we were talking about retellings, so of course I had to add this one to my list as well. Can't wait for it! Great pick :-) My WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I requested this one from Macmillan! I cannot wait to read this book as well - it sounds super good, the cover is gorgeous, and the author and I share a name. There's no reason NOT to read this one! *excited*

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cover and description.Sounds like a great Peter Pan & Wendy retelling :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...