Sunday, September 1, 2013

Book Review: Revealing Us by Lisa Renee Jones

Revealing Us
By Lisa Renee Jones
Release Date: September 10, 2013
Summary: The third installment in the sexy Inside Out erotic romance series—in the seductive tradition of Fifty Shades of Grey.

You've discovered Rebecca's secrets. You've discovered Sara's secrets. Now Sara will discover "his" deepest, darkest secrets...but will those secrets bind them together--or tear them apart?


Review: I absolutely loved the first two books in this series, so when the third book showed up on my door, I did a little happy dance, then went straight to my room to crack into it. 

Now that the secret about what really happened to Rebecca, Sara thought there couldn't possibly be any more trouble. But life is never that easy, and Chris has some dark secrets of his own that Sara isn't sure if she's ready to face yet, or even at all. 

Normally, I love Sara's story about finding herself in a world that is unlike anything she's ever been in before. She's working in the art world and dating an incredibly sexy painter. But, of course, that painter has some damaging secrets that he just can't seem to open up about. But to me, that's what makes Chris so amazing. He's such a caring, talented guy, but he really does have some dangerous secrets. 

While I still loved the characters, I felt like this story was a lot slower and not as exciting as the first two books. Sara and Chris are incredibly happy, get into a fight, make up, then things get awkward, then they make up...I feel like that's all that happened. Sara is still super insecure and she sort of got annoying by the end with how she was acting. Really? I know you're trying to be a good person, but try to be smart for once please. It was nice, though, to meet some new characters that befriend Sara and some characters from Chris's secret past. 

Sadly, Revealing Us was not as great as I was expecting. I wanted more romance, suspense, and intrigue, but instead the story was too slow and more talk than action. The end, though, is what made this story exciting. Now, even though I wasn't that into the story, I can't wait for the next book to come out to see what happens next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...