Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (102)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
By Helen Fielding
Release Date: October 15, 2013
Summary: Bridget Jones is back!

Great comic writers are as rare as hen's teeth. And Helen is one of a very select band who have created a character of whom the very thought makes you smile. Bridget Jones' Diary, charting the life of a 30-something singleton in London in the 1990s was a huge international bestseller, published in 40 countries and selling over 15 million copies worldwide. Its sequel, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, published soon after was also a major international bestseller. Both were made into films starring Renée Zellweger, Hugh Grant and Colin Firth.

Set in the present, the new novel will explore a different phase in Bridget's life with an entirely new scenario. As Helen Fielding has said: "If people laugh as much reading it as I am while writing it then we'll all be very happy."




Ahhhhhhh Bridget Jones! In a new book! It's been so long since a Bridget Jones book came out, so when I saw in a Barnes & Noble email that this was a new anticipated bestseller, I absolutely flipped out. I love Bridget Jones, so I seriously can't wait to see how this new one turns out :)

8 comments:

  1. I loved the first BJ (but didn't love the sequel). I'm definitely excited to read this one to see what she's up to now. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I can't wait for more Bridget! I'm excited to find out what she's been up to!
    Great pick :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! Can't wait for it either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bridget Jones movies are some of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this one has been a long time coming, hasn't it? Bet it's going to be so funny!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Bridget!!! And Mark Darcy, of course ;) Great pick!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is new to me! Never read the Bridget book or books?? Saw the movies though. Hope you enjoy this new installment once you get it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Bridget! The books and the movies are some of my go-to feel good reads. So I am pumped that there is going to be another one. Wonder what has happened to Bridget and Mark since Edge of Reason? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...