Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Beginning/Endings In Books


This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Favorite Book Beginning/Endings

Well, since I don't really want to ruin any of these books for those of you who haven't read them yet, I'll just list the books and not go into the details. But these are the ones that have definitely stuck out in my mind as having awesome/cliffhanging/surprising beginnings or endings. 

Favorite Beginning
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
3. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fiedling 
4. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Favorite Endings
7. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
8. Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout
9. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
10. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

12 comments:

  1. I totally forgot to add The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Opal! Especially Opal because I was just blown away with that ending. I can't wait for the next book Origin! :) Great, great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deathly Hallows and Sorcerer's Stone are great choices, and I'm surprised that they haven't shown up on more lists. Pride And Prejudice and A Walk To Remember...they do have a memorable beginning and ending! Great list!

    Nicole @ WCW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how HP begins and ends. I love P&P and BJ, too. I have Just One Day checked out from the library now. I've heard great things and can't wait to read it. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just One Day is a fantastic ending! I can't wait for the second book!
    Also, I love the beginning of Bridget Jones and P&P. Swoon!
    Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Perks for a great beginning! And Just One Day had an awesome ending! Great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Loved HP's end and beginning:) The end of Dorian Gray was super creepy, loved that one too!

    My Top Ten @ Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the ending to Harry Potter. But I can't say I totally loved the ending to Opal! Oh man! What a freaking cliffhanger. I think I don't like it as much because of the loooooooong wait to Origin. But luckily, we're almost to the right month of its release!! A Walk to Remember...its been years since I read it, but saw the movie enough to remember the ending and know that it was pretty true to the book for the most part. While sad, I did like the one too!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome list! :D Old follower!

    My TTT:

    http://qaisracetusbookblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beginnings and end of the Harry Potter books are the best! I have Opal on my list also! That ending was... Also The Perks of Being a Wallflower! <3 Great list!

    My TTT

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot about Bridget Jones! I haven't read Opal yet and I'm trying to wait until right before Origin comes out. Love that you mentioned P&P and Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good list, I love Perks of Being a Wallflower and Harry Potter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Walk to Remember is so sad. The movie with Mandy Moore always gets me too.

    Great list.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...