Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Book Review: Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout

Opal
By Jennifer L Armentrout
Release Date: December 11, 2012
Source: Own Copy
Summary: No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


Review: When I read the first book in the Lux series, I fell head over heels in love. Who knew a book about aliens could be so romantic and gosh darn awesome? Needless to say, I was ecstatic to read the third book of the series to see what happened next between Katy and Daemon. 

After discovering that she's a hybrid, Katy has way more questions about her boyfriend and his family than she's ever had before. Add onto that the betrayal by people she trusted and the death of a close friend, and Katy's life has become completely crazy. The only thing, or person, that seems to be able to keep her steady is Daemon, but now that his twin brother Dawson is back and the government organization capturing and testing hybrids could be around any corner, Katy can't seem to keep anything under control anymore. 

It seems like in every single one of her books, Jennifer Armentrout knows how to leave a reader hanging with a jaw-dropping cliffhanger. But until that point, it the story tends to drag on until that heart-stopping moment. I'm not sure why, but I felt like the story just kind of moseyed along as Dee refused to talk to Katy and Katy became closer to Daemon and Dawson. Sure, there was one big action-ey moment in the middle when Katy and the aliens go on a "mission" with a few more interesting parts sprinkled in, but the in between stuff didn't really do that much for me. 

Even though it was slow, I still loved Daemon with all my heart. I don't know how he could get even more charming and irresistible after three books, but oh boy he does. Not sure how I feel about Dawson's character yet because I don't think we got to see a ton of his real character in this book, but I'm excited to see how he is in the next book. And not to mention I'm dying to figure out what will happen to Katy and everyone else after that insane ending!

If you've read the first two books of this series, then you HAVE to read this one. Especially before the fourth one comes out in August. I'm normally not one for a sic-fi/supernatural read, but the romance and YA aspect of this make it impossible to miss. So if you haven't already, go check out this series right now! Jennifer Armentrout is a phenomenal author who knows how to create a story where even aliens can make your heart race.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...