Monday, July 15, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge Day 8


Day 8: Quick! Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs!
  • Pretty headers!
  • Post almost everyday. I hate going back to blogs everyday for 3 or 4 days and seeing the same latest post. 
  • Legible font. Not being able to read a blog post because of the font type and color is so annoying!
  • A fun About Me page. It's fun being able to get to know the person behind the blog. 
  • Lots of reviews. I love being able to see what other people think of books I'm reading. 
  • Clever blog names. I know mine's not all too clever, but I love it when I come across a blog that has a fun name. 
  • Good grammar and spelling. 
  • Honesty. I really like to see how a person really feels about a book, even if they didn't like the book. 
  • When a blogger rates books. Sometimes I read a review and can't tell by the end if they really liked it or just thought it was okay. Ratings definitely help me grasp if they liked the book or not. 
  • Easy follow buttons. I hate having to search and search to follow a new blog I find. Make it easy to follow!
  • No CAPTCHA. Having to continuously type in those annoying words gets tedious. All I want to do is comment on your blog!
  • Unique blogs. Blogs that stand out are so much more fun to read. 
  • Memes. I love participating in these and seeing what other people post for that day's topic as well!
  • Stacking the Shelves/In My Mailbox posts. I always want to know what other people get for review and what they're going to be reading soon. 
  • Broken up reviews (as in, having a bunch of paragraphs and not just one long paragraph). If everything is written out in one long paragraph, all I see are words. Having the review broken up makes it much easier to read. 

4 comments:

  1. Great points! I agree about honest reviews. I love reading other's opinions, even when they differ from mine. I like being able to consider things from another perspective and so often, someone will pick up on some nuance that I missed.
    I also hate having to search for follow buttons! Ugh. I don't even understand why someone would bury their follow button. It seems counterproductive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love all of your bullet points! My favorite has to be fun About Me page! I love reading those and just seeing who it is I'm reading from!

    http://spicedlatte.blogspot.com/2013/07/15-days-challenge-day-8-what-appeals.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are right quirky and original names just call you in and sometimes there is no escaping and you must read them!
    Staking the Shelves and Mail memes are some of the things that I love but I don't think I would be any good at them because I buy most of my books and get every now and then a book from a publishing company, no I am not complaining just saying why I would not be a good player on that game. Yet it is fun to read and see what other bloggers got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ratings are definitely helpful for me! I love reviews, but you are right that it can be hard to tell whether a reader did or didn't like a book by the end. I enjoy finding clever blog names as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...