Thursday, February 14, 2013

Book Review: Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt

Thief of Shadows
By Elizabeth Hoyt
Release Date: June 26, 2012
Source: Publisher
Summary: A MASKED MAN . . . 

Winter Makepeace lives a double life. By day he's the stoic headmaster of a home for foundling children. But the night brings out a darker side of Winter. As the moon rises, so does the Ghost of St. Giles-protector, judge, fugitive. When the Ghost, beaten and wounded, is rescued by a beautiful aristocrat, Winter has no idea that his two worlds are about to collide.

A DANGEROUS WOMAN . . .

Lady Isabel Beckinhall enjoys nothing more than a challenge. Yet when she's asked to tutor the Home's dour manager in the ways of society-flirtation, double-entendres, and scandalous liaisons-Isabel can't help wondering why his eyes seem so familiar-and his lips so tempting.

A PASSION NEITHER COULD DENY

During the day Isabel and Winter engage in a battle of wills. At night their passions are revealed . . . But when little girls start disappearing from St. Giles, Winter must avenge them. For that he might have to sacrifice everything-the Home, Isabel . . . and his life.


Review: Holy cow. This. Book. Was. Awesome. I literally spent the entire day reading this one because the story was that good! I don't know why it took me so long to pick up a book by Elizabeth Hoyt, but boy am I glad I did!

Winter is the headmaster of a home for children and has dedicated his life to helping out the lost children on the streets. His ENTIRE life. As the Ghost of St. Giles, Winter takes the streets by night, protecting St. Giles from the evil men. One night, though, after a mob nearly kills the Ghost, he is saved by Lady Isabel, a widowed aristocrat. And Winter has no idea what he's gotten himself into. Though she doesn't know his true identity, Isabel is assigned the task of accustoming the real Winter into society if he wants to continue heading the children's home. As they grow closer, Isabel can't help but notice the similarities between the hardheaded Winter and the irresistible Ghost. Can Winter let Isabel in after promising his entire life to protecting his city? 

Oh my gosh, where to start? I seriously loved everything about this book. Isabel is probably one of my favorite historical romance heroines I've ever read about; she's strong, has quite an interesting past, and shows a softness in her heart that she had no idea was there. I loved how she was far from perfect, seeing as she's a widow to a man who was well into his 60s and she is entranced by the feared Ghost of St. Giles. But who can blame her for the latter? Winter is so amazing and the absolute perfect hero for this novel. He is willing to give everything up to help those in need, even his first love. The best part about him, though, had to be his complete innocence and care when it came to women. He is such a gentleman and I just wanted to snatch him up from the pages for myself. 

As for the story, the added mystery of who was behind the child snatchings in St. Giles was so intriguing! Not only were you given a super yummy romance, there is also mystery and action (there were numerous sword fights, which were awesome). You can't go wrong with this book. 

Seriously, if you haven't read anything by Elizabeth Hoyt yet, you have to right now! Especially if you love historical romances. The next one in this series, book 5, comes out in February and I can't wait to get into my copy of it! The next book is set up in the epilogue in this one, and it left me just begging to figure out what happens next. So I'm going to go start that one now...and you all need to find yourselves a copy of this book! You definitely won't regret it!



1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO!!!! I loved this one too:) I was worried when I started it that she would drag out the fact that Winter was the Ghost for most of the book and then I'd dread Isabel finding out, but I really liked that that information came out fairly early on. SO GOOD JESSICA!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...