Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (26)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 

New Girl
By Paige Harbison
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Summary: They call me 'New Girl'... 

Ever since I arrived at exclusive, prestigious Manderly Academy, that’s who I am. New girl. Unknown. But not unnoticed—because of her. 

Becca Normandy—that’s the name on everyone’s lips. The girl whose picture I see everywhere. The girl I can’t compare to. I mean, her going missing is the only reason a spot opened up for me at the academy. And everyone stares at me like it’s my fault. 

Except for Max Holloway—the boy whose name shouldn’t be spoken. At least, not by me. Everyone thinks of him as Becca’s boyfriend but she’s gone, and here I am, replacing her. I wish it were that easy. Sometimes, when I think of Max, I can imagine how Becca’s life was so much better than mine could ever be. 

And maybe she’s still out there, waiting to take it back.



I saw this book a loooooong time ago and just recently remembered how it was coming out soon! I love the cover and how the girl is floating in the water (water seems to be a really popular cover concept recently). Once I read the summary, I was so intrigued! Taking the place of a girl who everyone had loved but had gone missing? How would you deal with that? Oh yeah, by meeting a guy :) I'm wondering if Becca is going to come back and take away the life the "New Girl" has started to build. It sounds so good and it comes out really soon! So hopefully I can get my hands on a copy!  



8 comments:

  1. I'm a bit confused about this book...Becca is another girl? or maybe she's bipolar? o.o By the way, I loved your comment about meeting a guy to deal with life, hehe. Apparently this concept is very popular lately :P

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! This one's at Netgalley, just so you know. You can always try requesting it and get it early!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this book before, but this is the first time I read the summary for it. I might have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read and loved it! Hopefully you do as well :)

    Stop by my WOW, if you'd like!
    Meghan at Books and a Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really curious about this but the early reviews have been a bit disappointing!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey did you guys know that this is a retelling of Rebecca, by Daphne DuMaurier? Which is a pretty awesome book, and also a cool old movie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Super atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers Visit Website Visit Website Visit Website

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Sophia.org
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...