Monday, November 7, 2011

Quidditch: My Life

Everyone knows that Quidditch is the wizarding sport in Harry Potter, but did you know that it's an actually sport played by college kids around the world? That's right, and your's truly is a chaser for the Quidditch team at my school. Awesome right? 


Now we don't actually fly on brooms, but we do run with them between our legs! There are still 3 chasers, 2 beaters, and 1 keeper per team, but we use a volleyball/soccer ball as the quaffle, dodge balls as the bludgers, and an actual person as the snitch. Same rules apply as in Harry Potter, but the beaters sadly don't have bats; it's all throwing for them. Quidditch is the most fun sport I have ever played and this weekend is WORLD CUP! 


World Cup is going to be at Randall's Park in New York and it is going to be SO epic! 100 teams from all over the world are going to be there, including my team! Our team still needs a lot of work (we've only been around for 2 years and Quidditch is a VERY athletic sport) but I think we have a decent chance. It's a 12 hour drive for us to get to New York, so we're leaving Friday and then playing Saturday and Sunday. Needless to say, I'm excited, especially since I haven't been to New York before. I will DEFINITELY let you all know how it goes! If you want to learn more about the wonderful sport of Quidditch, you should definitely check out the official World Cup Website and the International Quidditch Website


Quidditch isn't a sport that's taken too seriously by many people, but to the players it's their reality (including mine). I have a feeling Quidditch is on it's way to becoming huge phenomenon where every college will have their own team. And I'll be able to say I was a part of it from the start. 

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool. Good luck at the World Cup! I hope you have an awesome experience. I'll have to check out the website. Need to see if there are any quidditch teams in my area so I can go and watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I wish our school had a Quiddich team! Good luck at the world cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that people really played this, sounds like fun. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...